Did you know that when you have your massage with Body Kneads Massage, you can claim a rebate from your health fund (provided you have the right cover of course)!
Q. How does it work?
A. When you pay for your massage we will provide you with a receipt which contains all the necessary details (our provider number and association number among them) for your health fund to give you a rebate. You can then take this to your fund and they will process your refund. Many funds now have an easy online method for claiming your rebates.
Q. Can you claim directly from my fund so I only have to pay the gap?
A. Unfortunately no. This is because in order to claim directly from your health fund would require that we use a HICAPS machine. At this time, HICAPS do not have a machine that can be used as a mobile device (they are plugged into a land line). Since the bulk of our customers use our mobile service we would be unable to process the transaction for them. For this reason, we provide you with a receipt which you can use to claim after your appointment.
Q. What does it mean if a massage therapist is not covered by health funds?
A. Although it is certainly not the case in every situation, it may mean that the massage therapist is not a qualified remedial therapist. It can also mean that they do not have the necessary insurance for health funds to recognise them as a provider. It should certainly ring alarm bells if a massage therapist is not a health fund provider and it may be worth checking that they do have the appropriate qualifications and insurance.
Health providers we work with:
If you don’t see your health provider on this list, it doesn’t mean they won’t provide cover for you. Please call them to check.
- ACA Health Benefits Funds
- ANZ Health Insurance
- Australian Health Management (AHM)
- Bank SA
- BUPA – MBF
- BUPA Australia OSHC
- Cardmember Health Insurance Plan
- CBHS Friendly Society (Commonwealth Bank)
- Cessnock & District Health Benefits Fund
- CUA Health
- Defence Health
- GMF Health
- Health Care Insurance Limited
- Health Insurance Fund (HIF) WA
- Health Partners
- HealthCover Direct
- Latrobe Health Services (Federation Health)
- Manchester Unity
- Medi Bank Private
- Mildura District Hospital Fund
- Mutual Community
- National Mutual Health Insurance
- Navy Health Fund
- NRMA, SGIC Health (SA)
- Peoplecare Health Insurance
- Phoenix Health Fund
- Police Health Fund (South Australia Only)
- Previously MBF + MBF Alliances:
- Queensland Country Health Fund Ltd
- Railway & Transport Health Fund Ltd
- SGIO Health (WA)
- St George Health Project
- St Luke’s Health
- Teachers Federation Health
- Teachers Union Health
- The Doctors’ Health Fund
- Transport Health