Spring is in the air, and with this comes a shift to getting outside and soaking up some sun! To help you de-stress and enjoy the summer months that are coming our way, follow these tips. They’ll help you focus on enjoying the amazing weather we are having on the Gold Coast and allow the stress and negativity from winter roll away.
- Get a Massage! This is probably one of the quickest and easiest ways to de-stress. By having a soothing, relaxing all over body massage you can release the tension and toxins residing in your body. Winter is the time of year that people tend to stay in doors and this can lead to extended periods of sitting, which causes tension to develop across your shoulders and your lower back. Treat yourself to a massage today and feel all the stress just melt away!
- Exercise – this is probably one of the quickest ways also to de-stress. Exercising for 30 minutes every day is a quick stress buster, especially when you live on the Gold Coast and have access to the beautiful beach! A walk along the beach will have you calm and relaxed in no time. Try not to listen to your music while walking on the beach, instead, soak up the natural beauty and listen to the sound of the waves – one of the most soothing sounds you’ll ever hear!
- Less Junk Food – if you eat a bit of junk food, like fast food, simply reducing your intake by reduce it to only 1-2 times per week will greatly improve your stress levels and lower your cholesterol! Processed foods, especially fast foods, slow down your ability to cope with stress and can actually contribute to making you feel worse – avoid as often as possible.
- Do What You Love – this is pretty simple. Do something that you enjoy to do. Maybe you have a hobby you haven’t been able to do for a while, restarting it will calm you down and make you feel happy. Read a book, play with the kids, do some knitting, whatever it is that makes you happy, so it for at least 20 minutes each day.
- Spend Time With Loved Ones – Catching up with friends over a coffee is a great way to de-stress. By talking with them and hearing what they’ve been up to and in turn sharing what you’ve been doing, gives you sense of being loved (because you are!) and overall feeling of happiness. Make time to see those you love regularly, it is a quick way to de-stress, have some fun and enjoy the simpler things in life.
By following any or all of these simple tips, you will be well on your way to a stress-free day. Do this regularly, particularly as we head into warmer weather, and you’ll wonder how you were ever stressed!